1. Find the right suitcase.
I like my Delsey Luggage Helium Sky Carry-On EXP Spinner Suiter Trolley. It has lots of room, has a pocket for everything and expands two inches. Also, it has a front zipper for my laptop and liquids, which is very helpful for the security line.
Photo credit: amazon.com
2. Never use the expanding feature until the return trip. Somehow my clothes never seem to fit as well on the way back.
3. Roll everything but a suit jacket. Place jackets in the middle.
4. Sunscreen, and sunglasses. These are mandatory! You can always buy some there, but they can be more expensive at the hotel.
It's not a liquid so you don't have to worry about packing and it fits easily. It has a 50+ SPF and it worked great for me when I was walking around Croatia. However, I would still recommend having makeup with SPF15 for extra coverage on your face.
Photo credit: Target
5. Take one pair of shoes out- probably high heels. I love heels, but I only use them once or twice when I'm at the beach. It will save you some space.
6. A coverup that can go from day to night.
Photo credit: Nordstrom
Photo credit: Amazon
10. A foldable, reusable water bottle.
Propel Liquid Water Enhancer Berry to add to the water if I want something sweeter. This trick also keeps the vacation pounds from adding up because I'm drinking more water.
- Also if you can bring Starbucks Via, I bring them on the airplane because I hate airplane coffee but they will serve you hot water. Starbucks even makes them in Peppermint Mocha.